The History of Digital Matrix Systems
Leading the way in data and risk management innovation for 37 years and counting.
In 1982, technology entrepreneur David McGough incorporated Digital Matrix Systems (DMS) in Richardson, Texas. As automation began to improve the accuracy and consistency of credit bureau reporting, DMS led the way as the first vendor to provide access to all five credit bureaus from a common desktop platform. Guiding the shift from terminal-based to PC-based access, DMS introduced CreditLink PC™ in 1985, enabling lenders to experience new efficiencies in applicant entry and expand report options.
For over three decades, DMS has been developing products and offering services that help clients leverage the power of data from consumer and commercial credit bureaus, as well as alternative data sources. Our approach has evolved from providing access to data to helping leading companies access the power of that data through advanced analytics. We continually evaluate and add specialized data sources to our flagship connectivity hub, Data Access Point®. Moving forward, DMS will continue our quest to provide best-in-class solutions for companies that use data to manage risk, increase revenue and make informed business decisions.
Learn more about our key company milestones:
- DMS TestLab® is launched, providing a unique and highly effective tool that improves credit policy testing.
- Introduces TEST/DRIVE®, a unique data source evaluation program that simplifies the process of evaluating new data sources.
- Introduces tri-bureau, normalized trended attributes that help clients predict consumer behavior at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Announces the availability of a new release of ClientServices®, a web portal for DMS products and services.
- CreditBrowser®2.0 rolls out to clients with new security, data sources, reporting and administrative enhancements.
- Enhances anonymization process used in data access products to help organizations comply with new data privacy mandates.
- Enhances Data Access Point® to include new data sources and 60 percent faster transaction speeds.
- Partners with Equifax to introduce credit score alternative for online auto insurance purchases.
- Creates 36 Medical Collection attributes to help lenders assess the relative risk impact of counting or excluding medical collections.
- Introduces FastTrack Modeling™, a service that uses archived credit data and other attributes to create a “light” scoring model in as little as a week.
- Introduces DMS Insurance Attributes that optimize insurance rate evaluation data.
- DMS Summary Attributes™ become available through Equifax® for use in the marketing stage to prescreen applicants and evaluate risk.
- Expands licensed and hosted solutions into the insurance industry with a top five insurance carrier.
- Delivers CreditWarehouse®, a solution to securely retain credit files purchased from the credit bureaus for credit and underwriting decisions.
- Recognized as the largest volume processor of consumer credit reports in North America by one of the U.S. bureaus.
- Exceeds 700 annual credit bureau archive projects for clients for the first time.
- Releases CreditBrowser®, an Internet-based credit access and decision platform. Volume rapidly grows to over 50K transactions daily.
- Unveils DMS Summary Attributes®, which are used as a shorthand method of analyzing credit information.
- Launches CreditAnalyst®, giving clients the power to develop custom attributes and implement scorecards.
- Becomes the sole access engine for the HNC Capstone decision system, along with two other loan origination systems.
- Selected as the credit access platform for what quickly becomes the largest credit monitoring service in North America.
- Introduces software that produces a common format of consumer credit information from multiple bureaus.
- DMS leads the shift from terminal-based to PC-based credit bureau access with the introduction of CreditLink PC™. DMS issues over 125,000 licenses for this credit bureau access software.
- DMS is the first to provide access to all five credit bureaus from a common desktop platform as the credit industry moves to automated credit reporting.
- Technology entrepreneur David McGough incorporates Digital Matrix Systems, Inc. in Richardson, Texas.
4975 Preston Park Blvd
Plano, TX 75093
Toll Free: 800.367.1800